Sunday, June 14, 2020

Minimalism Part 1

For the past few months I have been navigating through a new world called minimalism. I wanted to give the lifestyle a shot because of the positive impacts it could have on my life.
These impacts include:
  • Stress free lifestyle 
  • Mindfully thinking about my purchases. 
  • Being happy with the things I already have. 
  • Less is more.
  • Not feeling jealous or envying what another person has.
  • Focus on the things that truely matter.
Since Covid-19 struck, many people have started cleaning their houses and de-cluttering their spaces. This is not exactly what I'm doing. And this is not a one time thing where I do the full on spring cleaning fad and I'm done. No. This is a mindset I am trying to practice every single day.

Not only am I practicing minimalism; I'm also applying Eco-friendly and Eco-conscious practices to my life style as well.  While I'm not where I want to be yet with my minimalist and Eco-friendly lifestyle, here are some things I noticed when switching over.  
  1. I switched over to bar shampoo, conditioner, and soap. My bathroom now smells better. No mold growing under and around plastic shampoo/conditioner/soap bottles because I have none!
  2. Smaller loads of laundry. No more piling and over flowing hamper (sometimes. Haha.) 
  3. Speaking of clothes. Because I built a minimalist capsule wardrobe and got rid of 80% of my clothing, I have an easier time choosing an outfit to wear. 
  4. Getting rid most of my belongings feels like a heavy weight being lifted from my back.   
The hardest part for me right now is going through my art studio. But I'm taking it day by day. Somethings are harder to part from. But I'm allowing myself to be kind to myself and not rush the process. When it's time for me to part from what ever it is I want to part with, I know it had brought me happiness in the past. There will be days I look around my space and there is nothing to part with. Other days I open my drawers and go, "I haven't touched this in a long time. Let's give you away to someone who will find use for you." I just go about it day by day. Little by little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment